1. What are the similarities and differences between the product, Big Mac, and retail, Amazon.Com, life cycles?
2. Breadth and depth are two important components in distinguishing among types of retailers. Discuss the breadth and depth implications of the following retailers discussed in this chapter: (a) Nordstrom, (b) Walmart, (c) IKEA, and (d) Best Buy.
3. What criteria should Mall of America use in adding new facilities to its complex? Evaluate (a) retail stores, (b) entertainment offerings, and (c) hotels on these criteria.
4. Identify the sales promotion tools that might be useful for (a) Tastee Yogurt, a new brand introduction, (b) 3M self-sticking Post-ItÂ® Notes, and (c) Wrigleyâ€™s Spearmint Gum.
5. Design an integrated marketing communications programâ€”using each of the five promotional elementsâ€”for Rhapsody, the online music servic