For this assignment, you will create a website. You can use a website builder or blogging platform of your choice, such Google Sites, WordPress, Tumblr, Wix, etc. On this website, you will be writing & publishing posts that reflect your ongoing research. Each of these posts will be based on ONE source that you think is a valuable part of your research. Your website will have a total of seven posts. The purpose of your posts will be to inform the reader about your source and to evaluate the source for credibility and relevance.
Each post must:
- Be a 300-400 words (max)
- Full & correct citation for your source (you may choose any style as long as it is consistent throughout your blog)
- Introduce the source & provide a summary of the content of the source
(i.e. key points, main arguments)
- Include 1-2 relevant quotes directly from the source
- Evaluate the credibility & reliability of the source
- Evaluate the rhetorical effectiveness of the source
- Explain why this source is relevant to your research questions
- Identify how this source can lead you to further research and/or how this source relates to the other sources you have found in your research
The website is already made i just need a post for each of the following sources
Here is an example of one of the post, the style must be consistent:
- The article “A VERY SHORT HISTORY OF CINEMA” was an article that was written by the Science Media Museum. The Science Media Museum explores the arts of light and sound technology and how all of this technology impacts our societyâ€™s people. They share behind the scene stories, So this article is useful and credible because they have not only the knowledge of filmmaking but also on-hand experience of what they talk about. In this article, they talk about a small part of the history of cinema. At the beginning of the article it started off with giving me a brief history of how movie-making had begun. The article stated “No one person invented cinema…in 1891 the Edison Company in the USA successfully demonstrated a prototype of the Kinetoscope…The first to present projected moving pictures to a paying audience (i.e. cinema) was the LumiÃ¨re brothers in December 1895 in Paris.” This tells me that no one specific created cinema but because of the kinetoscope it inspired the two brothers to create a film.
- This article is perfect for my research because it relates to my main research question “How have movies evolved from the beginning of filmmaking?” The text gives me background on each aspect of films and how it has changed for the better in the long run. They explain categories like the upcoming of films, when they added color and sound to films, the golden age of cinema and how it has increased in popularity in the society. This article also talks about how after televisions started to compete with films. It gave filmmakers a conflict or technical experiments, that made movie makers have to change they had to shoot shots and other parts of the movie. This source got me thinking about the equipment they use to use when they were making movies back then. Like the kinetoscope, I can look into how this invention inspired cinema to be invented.